ASSISTANT DIRECTOR POSITION OPENING
Resumes will be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org until Sunday, June 7, 2015. The California-Nevada JATC offers competitive compensation and benefits. Salary will be commensurated according to qualifications and experience. Interviews for the position will be scheduled in June. (More information see flyer below)
EWEB Job Openings
Attached please find the description and details for the following new job posting, closing May 22, 2015
- Station Wire Technician (see job description below)
Please let me know if you have any questions!
HR Administrative Assistant
Eugene Water & Electric Board
500 E. 4th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401
LOCAL 1547, FAIRBANKS ALASKA
Any questions please contact James Cummings Line Rep at (907) 458-4903. (see flyer below)
DOYON UTILITES, LLC – SITE OPERATIONS
TITLE: Journeyman Power Lineman (High Voltage)
DEPARTMENT: Site Operations (FT. Wainwright, Greely, or Richardson)
REPORTS TO: Site Manager WAGE RANGE: DOE
Assist in the installation, rearrangement, maintenance, operation, removal and inspection of electrical distribution facilities, including substations and services. Drive and operate line trucks and associated auxiliary equipment. Serve as a member of a line crew responsible for maintenance and repair of both overhead and underground electrical distribution systems. Provide standby electrical coverage within published response times as required by the Doyon Utilities privatization contract to ensure response to electrical outages at the installation where employed. Employee must maintain a Class B commercial driver’s license and a Journeyman Lineman Certificate of Fitness issued by the State of Alaska.
- Climbs poles or uses a bucket truck to install or repair wires, arms, insulators, or other hardware on poles.
- Install and repair underground facilities such as cable, transformers, potheads and pedestals.
- Install pole hardware and such auxiliary equipment as transformers, lightning arresters, switches, fuses and insulators using hand tools and mechanical devices.
- Opens and closes switches and installs grounding devices to lines and equipment.
- Use insulated poles (hot sticks) to facilitate safe handling of high voltage lines without interrupting service, install protective grounds and cover-up. Operate hot sticks fitted with mechanically or hydraulically operated grasping and crimping tools to perform energized line work up to 35 KV. Use personal protective equipment such as rubber gloves and cover-up.
- Maintain electrical components for base wide utility system including substations, transfer switches, transformers, street lighting systems, airfield lighting systems and distribution lines using scheduled work orders and planned maintenance system.
- Serve as first responder for electrical outages, assess cause and develop a response/repair course of action to reestablish electrical service.
- Perform technical inspections on electrical equipment and maintain assigned equipment in safe and operable conditions.
- Perform inspection and testing of secondary & primary meters to include repair and replacement as required.
- May be required to test and/or maintain emergency and backup generators.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to analyze electrical systems and select a safe course of action to determine causes of power outages.
- Must possess and maintain Journeyman Lineman Certificate of Fitness for State of Alaska.
- Must possess a Class B CDL appropriate for the type of equipment assigned to the electrical section at each installation.
- Possess journeyman level of knowledge for High Voltage Electrical/Lineman duties.
- Must possess knowledge of airfield lighting system, street lighting system and traffic lighting.
- Must possess ability to climb poles.
Site Electrical Journeyman
- Must possess a working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code of OSHA.
- Maybe required to perform technical inspections of electrical work accomplished by contractors or in-house personnel.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme environmental conditions such as cold, wind, snow and rain.
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a safe, journeyman manner and an ability to work well with other employees.
Works from ladders, poles, at ground level, in trenches and manholes. Work requires stooping, bending, climbing and standing for long periods of time. Work requires coordination of eyes, hands, legs and body. Some moderately heavy lifting is required. Incumbent must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to shoulder level.
Work performed primarily outdoors in temperature ranges from +90F to -60F for extended periods during the year. Work is frequently performed at night on an emergency basis, snow, ice and hoar frost and severe winds to 60 miles per hour may create hazards when climbing and while working on high pole lines. Work is performed using special safety devices, tools and equipment. Subject to falls from 70 foot poles. There is a risk of burns from hot wires, bruises and cuts from working around electrical equipment. Employee may be required to work in damp and dirty areas while working in underground electrical vaults and utilidors. Position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week with core hours beginning 07:30-4:30 Monday-Friday. Some hours in excess of 40 per week may be required. Employees shall be required to follow site safety procedures for work tasks and is required to wear appropriate PPE to include Fire Retardant and ARC flash rated clothing as necessary.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYEMENT
- Incumbent must be able to maintain a level of physical fitness to perform the duties of journeyman lineman/electrician.
- The incumbent is subject to pre-hire and random drug testing in accordance with the published policy for Doyon Utilities.
- Incumbent must possess and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License from the State of Alaska.
- Incumbent must possess a Journeyman Lineman Certificate of Fitness from the State of Alaska.
- Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska.
- Willingness to be scheduled for standby/emergency call-ins on a rotational basis with other similarly qualified employees.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Journeyman Lineman Certificate of Fitness from State of Alaska.
Class B Commercial Driver’s License from the State of Alaska.
Rev. Date: 04/25/13
G:\Admin\Human Resources\Job Descriptions\Universal\Site Journeyman Power Lineman.docx
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON IS HIRING
Multiple positions available throughout locations within our service territory.
For immediate consideration, follow this path to submit your application:
Step 1- Go to: http://www.edison.com/home/careers.html
Step 2- Enter job number 70001919 into the job# field, click “search for jobs”
Step 3- Click “apply” attached to the Lineman, Robber Glove Trained opening
Stacy McPhee, SCE, Talent Acquisition
Or call us at
Job Opportunities at Surprise Valley
Surprise Valley Electrification Corp.
Salary: $38.92/hour plus some overtime
Deadline: Open until filled
Surprise Valley Electrification Corp. (Alturas, California), a small rural electric cooperative comprised of approximately 6200 meters has a opening for Journeyman Lineman in Alturas, California.
Applicant must be able to get along well with others and shall embrace the cooperative spirit. A Journeyman Lineman’s certification (IBEW) and 1 year experience is required. Applicant must have a CDL. Knowledge of REA electrical construction methods and material in 7200/12470 thru 69kv as well as repair of overhead and under ground electrical systems is required. RUS construction preferred. Applicant must be proficient in climbing, hot sticking, and tree trimming. Substation and regulator knowledge a plus Applicant if hired shall live within ten miles of the cooperative yard.
Offering competitive paid benefits and competitive salary. A high desert area along the Warner Mountains, elevation 4500 feet, Alturas is a wonderful outdoors recreational area, excellent schools and a good community to learn and live in.
Submit resume to Surprise Valley Electric, 516 US Hwy 395 E, Alturas, CA 96101. Attention Dennis Reed Fax 530-233-2190. Email to email@example.com