CITY OF ELLENSBURG POSTING DATE: April 21, 2015
CLOSES: May 5, 2015
N O T I C E
TO ALL INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD ELECTRICAL WORKERS - LOCAL 77
A Temporary Employment Opportunity Exists
in the Light Division, Department of Energy Services
Journeyman Lineman (Temporary)
Current Salary: per working contract based on construction wage rates and cash in lieu of benefits
40 hour work week
(position to last approximately five (5) months)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position consists of the construction, maintenance, inspection, and operation of overhead and underground electrical distribution system, energized or de-energized, in accordance with applicable City practices and safety regulations. This position reports to the Line Foreman.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent; completion of a three year apprentice program and one year experience at journey-level lineman.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
First aid and CPR certification; Journeyman Lineman’s certification; Must possess a valid State Commercial (Class A) driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment; have ability to obtain a Washington State flagging card.
Employees who operate commercial vehicles and hold a CDL are subject to drug testing which includes pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, and return to duty.
Applications can be obtained by calling Human Resources, at (509) 962-7222 or (509) 962-7220. A complete City of Ellensburg application form is required. Completed applications are to be returned to Human Resources Department, 501 N. Anderson Street, Ellensburg, WA 98926 by the closing date of May 5, 2015.
THE CITY OF ELLENSBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT OF 1986, EMPLOYEES MUST PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION TO VERIFY IDENTITY AND WORK AUTHORIZATION, AND MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN THREE (3) DAYS OF DATE OF HIRE. This is a condition of employment with the City of Ellensburg.
"Eugene area Electrical Safety Consultant opening"
Here is the job ad we put out for the vacant Safety Consultant post. If you know somebody that would be interested in this position, please send this to them.
Oregon Pacific-Cascade Chapter, NECA
1040 Gateway Loop, Suite A
Springfield, OR 97477
EUGENE WATER & ELECTRIC BOARD (EWEB)
invites applications for the position of:
Meter Relay Technician
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Eugene Water & Electric Board seeks a journey-level Meter Relay Technician to install, test and commission, troubleshoot and maintain transmission, distribution, generation and substation protective relaying systems and auxiliary equipment controls including; voltage regulators, governors, synchronizers, revenue meters, etc.
As a member of the Relay department at EWEB the successful candidate would be instrumental in maintaining reliable protection systems and have opportunities to influence system design in EWEB's distribution, generation, and transmission facilities.
This posting has been extended and will close 3/6/15 at 5pm PST.
LOCAL 1547, FAIRBANKS ALASKA
Any questions please contact James Cummings Line Rep at (907) 458-4903. (see flyer below)
DOYON UTILITES, LLC – SITE OPERATIONS
TITLE: Journeyman Power Lineman (High Voltage)
DEPARTMENT: Site Operations (FT. Wainwright, Greely, or Richardson)
REPORTS TO: Site Manager WAGE RANGE: DOE
Assist in the installation, rearrangement, maintenance, operation, removal and inspection of electrical distribution facilities, including substations and services. Drive and operate line trucks and associated auxiliary equipment. Serve as a member of a line crew responsible for maintenance and repair of both overhead and underground electrical distribution systems. Provide standby electrical coverage within published response times as required by the Doyon Utilities privatization contract to ensure response to electrical outages at the installation where employed. Employee must maintain a Class B commercial driver’s license and a Journeyman Lineman Certificate of Fitness issued by the State of Alaska.
- Climbs poles or uses a bucket truck to install or repair wires, arms, insulators, or other hardware on poles.
- Install and repair underground facilities such as cable, transformers, potheads and pedestals.
- Install pole hardware and such auxiliary equipment as transformers, lightning arresters, switches, fuses and insulators using hand tools and mechanical devices.
- Opens and closes switches and installs grounding devices to lines and equipment.
- Use insulated poles (hot sticks) to facilitate safe handling of high voltage lines without interrupting service, install protective grounds and cover-up. Operate hot sticks fitted with mechanically or hydraulically operated grasping and crimping tools to perform energized line work up to 35 KV. Use personal protective equipment such as rubber gloves and cover-up.
- Maintain electrical components for base wide utility system including substations, transfer switches, transformers, street lighting systems, airfield lighting systems and distribution lines using scheduled work orders and planned maintenance system.
- Serve as first responder for electrical outages, assess cause and develop a response/repair course of action to reestablish electrical service.
- Perform technical inspections on electrical equipment and maintain assigned equipment in safe and operable conditions.
- Perform inspection and testing of secondary & primary meters to include repair and replacement as required.
- May be required to test and/or maintain emergency and backup generators.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to analyze electrical systems and select a safe course of action to determine causes of power outages.
- Must possess and maintain Journeyman Lineman Certificate of Fitness for State of Alaska.
- Must possess a Class B CDL appropriate for the type of equipment assigned to the electrical section at each installation.
- Possess journeyman level of knowledge for High Voltage Electrical/Lineman duties.
- Must possess knowledge of airfield lighting system, street lighting system and traffic lighting.
- Must possess ability to climb poles.
Site Electrical Journeyman
- Must possess a working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code of OSHA.
- Maybe required to perform technical inspections of electrical work accomplished by contractors or in-house personnel.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme environmental conditions such as cold, wind, snow and rain.
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a safe, journeyman manner and an ability to work well with other employees.
Works from ladders, poles, at ground level, in trenches and manholes. Work requires stooping, bending, climbing and standing for long periods of time. Work requires coordination of eyes, hands, legs and body. Some moderately heavy lifting is required. Incumbent must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to shoulder level.
Work performed primarily outdoors in temperature ranges from +90F to -60F for extended periods during the year. Work is frequently performed at night on an emergency basis, snow, ice and hoar frost and severe winds to 60 miles per hour may create hazards when climbing and while working on high pole lines. Work is performed using special safety devices, tools and equipment. Subject to falls from 70 foot poles. There is a risk of burns from hot wires, bruises and cuts from working around electrical equipment. Employee may be required to work in damp and dirty areas while working in underground electrical vaults and utilidors. Position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week with core hours beginning 07:30-4:30 Monday-Friday. Some hours in excess of 40 per week may be required. Employees shall be required to follow site safety procedures for work tasks and is required to wear appropriate PPE to include Fire Retardant and ARC flash rated clothing as necessary.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYEMENT
- Incumbent must be able to maintain a level of physical fitness to perform the duties of journeyman lineman/electrician.
- The incumbent is subject to pre-hire and random drug testing in accordance with the published policy for Doyon Utilities.
- Incumbent must possess and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License from the State of Alaska.
- Incumbent must possess a Journeyman Lineman Certificate of Fitness from the State of Alaska.
- Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska.
- Willingness to be scheduled for standby/emergency call-ins on a rotational basis with other similarly qualified employees.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Journeyman Lineman Certificate of Fitness from State of Alaska.
Class B Commercial Driver’s License from the State of Alaska.
Rev. Date: 04/25/13
G:\Admin\Human Resources\Job Descriptions\Universal\Site Journeyman Power Lineman.docx
Local 1547 FAIRBANKS ALASKA
Golden Valley Electric Inc.
Position: Utility District Foreman/Journeyman Lineman
Duration of Call: Long Call
Start date: Soon as possible
Location: Alaska near Healy or Nenana the location is rural about 45 miles south of Fairbanks.
Cert's Required: FA/CPR , Class A CDL and Alaska Fitness Card
Misc.: Minimal computer skills are required. This is a barbing unit position. Lineman most know how to hot stick. You will be expected to live in the area of Healy or Nenana. If you have any further questions please contact Lineman Rep. James Cummings at 907-458-4903. Information about the Alaska Fitness test can be found on the Local 1547 website.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON IS HIRING
Multiple positions available throughout locations within our service territory.
For immediate consideration, follow this path to submit your application:
Step 1- Go to: http://www.edison.com/home/careers.html
Step 2- Enter job number 70001919 into the job# field, click “search for jobs”
Step 3- Click “apply” attached to the Lineman, Robber Glove Trained opening
Stacy McPhee, SCE, Talent Acquisition
Or call us at
Job Opportunities at Surprise Valley
Surprise Valley Electrification Corp.
Salary: $38.92/hour plus some overtime
Deadline: Open until filled
Surprise Valley Electrification Corp. (Alturas, California), a small rural electric cooperative comprised of approximately 6200 meters has a opening for Journeyman Lineman in Alturas, California.
Applicant must be able to get along well with others and shall embrace the cooperative spirit. A Journeyman Lineman’s certification (IBEW) and 1 year experience is required. Applicant must have a CDL. Knowledge of REA electrical construction methods and material in 7200/12470 thru 69kv as well as repair of overhead and under ground electrical systems is required. RUS construction preferred. Applicant must be proficient in climbing, hot sticking, and tree trimming. Substation and regulator knowledge a plus Applicant if hired shall live within ten miles of the cooperative yard.
Offering competitive paid benefits and competitive salary. A high desert area along the Warner Mountains, elevation 4500 feet, Alturas is a wonderful outdoors recreational area, excellent schools and a good community to learn and live in.
Submit resume to Surprise Valley Electric, 516 US Hwy 395 E, Alturas, CA 96101. Attention Dennis Reed Fax 530-233-2190. Email to email@example.com