NW Line JATC
Job Title: Full Time Instructor
Department: Pre-Apprentice Tree Training/ Apprentice Tree Training / Journeyman Tree Training
Position Overview: Supports operations by instructing/supervising students in all classes. Planning, organizing, and
implementing administrative, academic, and practical hands-on field and lab instruction. Position will also support Journeyman/Apprentice/Safety training, which will require reporting to admin office as scheduled.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains industry workforce by recruiting, orienting, and training applicants, students, and current industry personnel; maintaining a safe, secure, and productive work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplish training results by communicating class/job expectations; planning, monitoring, following lesson plans and evaluating results.
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining students as needed.
- Exercise patience and tolerance as required in a learning environment.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures of NW Line JATC, VOLTA and Tree.
- Conduct and project self in professional manner.
- Monitor supplies by identifying and anticipating needs for classrooms, office area, storage areas, restrooms, and labs.
- Maintain all areas in a clean and tidy fashion
- Follow policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Fill-in, substitute and or assist in instruction for other classes in other locations.
- Provide communication to supervisor for identifying needs and evaluating options for student issues.
- Complete projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems both paper and electronic versions.
- Improve training programs and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures and evaluating system results with staff.
- Maintain communication and cooperation among staff, and students (past, present and future).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills by attending or teaching educational workshops/classes in various locations.
- Contribute to positive progress by accomplishing related tasks as needed in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organizations.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Travel to off-site locations to retrieve supplies and or conduct/attend classes.
- Provide communication/information to visitors and guests in a friendly positive manner.
- Repair and maintain building, tools and equipment based on personal mechanical skill level.
- Journeyman Power Line Clearance Tree Trimmer
- Minimum of 5 years in the industry
- Ability and willingness to acquire Trainer Status to teach classes, including but not limited to; First Aid, CPR, OSHA ET&D, Flagging, Crane etc.
- Have reliable transportation to commute to class each day.
- Willing and able to physically climb trees and perform/demonstrate the duties of a Journeyman Power Line Clearance Tree Trimmer.
- Commercial Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a climbing and rigging skills test.
- Completed NW Line JATC Tree Apprenticeship preferred
- Computer knowledge and proficiency to work with Word, Power point, Data base, Email, etc. (skills test will be required)
- Develop; write; improve lesson plans
This position is a full time, salaried position, with vacation, sick leave, LineCo, NEBF and NEAP benefits based on the four-local agreement. Working hours vary based on schedule and additional travel and training will be required. Applicant must have flexible schedule. Resumes accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org until April 1; interviews will be scheduled asap.
Call Scott Barnes with questions 360-597-8579
DOUGLAS ELECTRIC CO-OP
Job Posting for
Douglas Electric Cooperative, Inc. an electric distribution utility serving Douglas County, Oregon has a job opening for a Journeyman Lineman.
The position requires a highly-skilled, safety oriented, worker with a wide-ranging background in the construction, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing of overhead and underground Power lines and substation facilities, with a mindset towards safety. Competitive wage and benefits.
Must be a Journeyman Lineman, valid class “A” CDL, and must establish permanent residence and live within 30 minutes driving time to Roseburg, Oregon.
A complete job description and employment application can be found at www.dec.coop
Submit applications via email to email@example.com or mail to Douglas Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 1327, Roseburg, OR 97470
CITY OF ASHLAND
invites applications for the position of: LINE INSTALLER
SALARY: $44.26 - $44.26 Hourly
$7,671.73 - $7,671.73 Monthly
$92,060.80 - $92,060.80 Annually
OPENING DATE: 02/13/18
CLOSING DATE: 02/28/18 12:00 PM
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Install, maintain and repair overhead and underground electric facilities and equipment
including towers, poles, transmission lines, conduit, ground wires, insulators,
transformers, meters, highway lighting (traffic signals and lights) and sub-stations.
Perform related duties including tree trimming, stringing of lights, banner installations,
For more information please see attachment below
City of Ellensburg Washington
TO ALL INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTICAL WORKERS
A Temporary Employment Opportunity Exist in Light Division, Department of Energy Services
JOURNEY LINEPERSON (TEMPORARY)
Application process: Applications can be obtained by calling Human Resources at (509) 962-7222 or (509) 962-7220. A complete City of Ellensburg application form is required. Completed applications are to be returned to Human Resources Department, 501 N. Anderson Street, Ellensburg, WA 98926. We are accepting applications until the position is filled.
For more information see the link below.
Aclara is looking for seven Electrical Field Installers – AMI Meter Installations to change out the current meters for Pacific Power and Light customers in Oregon.
If you are interested in this position please visit www.aclara.com/careers/open-positions, scroll down to “SGS”, click on Electric Meter Installer – Albany, Oregon and apply online.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible as interviews will be scheduled in November in the Albany/Corvallis area. Must possess a good driving record and must pass a drug test and background check.
The job will begin in December. Paid training will be held in Seattle with one week on classroom training and two weeks of hands on training. Lodging will be provided. The beginning rate of pay will be $24.68 ($25.42 effective 1/1/2018). Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription coverage will be available through LINECO and hours worked will determine eligibility.
The beginning wage will begin at $24.68 and then effective 1/1/2018 the wage rates are as follows:
First 6 Months $25.42
6-12 Months 27.41
12-18 Months 28.76
18 Months or more 30.11
All employees, not already members, will be required to make membership with Local Union 659 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
IN ADDITION Aclara will also be seeking an additional 35 individuals for electric meter installation beginning in January 2018. Please visit the above referenced website to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy at 541-664-0800.
The Power Line Clearance & Tree Trimming Program is looking for Apprentice in the IBEW Local 659 area. 1st Aid, Flagging Traffic Control card and Class B CDL permit required. For more information, or to apply, please go to nwpowerlinetreetrimming.org.
CoosCurry Electrical Coop, www.cooscurryelectric.com/
Central Lincoln PUD, www.clpud.org
Consumers Power, www.consumerspower.org
Lane Electric, www.laneelectric.com
City of Roseburg, www.cityofroseburg.org
City of Ashland, www.ashland.or.us
Central Lincoln PUD www.clpud.org/index.html
Surprise Valley, www.surprisevalleyelectric.org/
Job Flier - Port of Portland.pdf
City of Ellensburg posting Lineman Temporary 2018.pdf
City of Ellensburg Employment Opportunity for Lineperson 2-2018.pdf