CENTRAL LINCOLN PUD
Position Bid No. 18-01
January 18, 2018
Notice of Vacancy
The position of Journeyman Meterman at Central Lincoln’s Northern Operations Center is open for bid from January 18, 2018 until the position is filled. The first review of applications is February 1, 2018.
The Journeyman Meterman will service, test, and calibrate all electric watt-hour, demand and recording meters; instrument transformers and related test equipment; wire instrument transformers; watt-hour, and reactive metering circuits. Investigate power diversion and related metering problems using AMI System. Field test and inspect metering installations as needed.
This position requires successful completion of a three (3) year approved Metering Apprenticeship or equivalent that includes qualifying as a Journeyman Meterman recognized by IBEW Local Union #659.
The hourly rate of pay for a Journeyman Meterman as of April 1, 2017 is $47.08.
You can view the complete job description and apply online at Central Lincoln’s external website at http://clpud.org/employment/. Please use the “Position Bid Application” form 221 and attach it through NEOGOV. This position will be posted inside and outside concurrently.
City of Ellensburg Washington
TO ALL INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTICAL WORKERS
A Temporary Employment Opportunity Exist in Light Division, Department of Energy Services
JOURNEY LINEPERSON (TEMPORARY)
Application process: Applications can be obtained by calling Human Resources at (509) 962-7222 or (509) 962-7220. A complete City of Ellensburg application form is required. Completed applications are to be returned to Human Resources Department, 501 N. Anderson Street, Ellensburg, WA 98926. We are accepting applications until the position is filled.
For more information see the link below.
NORTH MEDFORD HIGH SCHOOL
|PLUMBING/ELECTRICAL TEACHER - TEMP
||NORTH MEDFORD HIGH
||$37,675.00 - $64,094.00
|Hours per Day:
||Days per Year:
||Temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) Plumbing and/or Electrical teacher to begin January 2, 2018 for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year. This position will be re-posted as a permanent position next school year. Salary will be pro-rated based on number of days worked. Education/Experience - Strong background in industry-related residential and/or commercial plumbing and/or electrical experience required. Training or education equivalent of an AA degree or higher. Journeyman plumbing and/or electrical experience preferred. The district will help facilitate the process of obtaining a valid Oregon Career and Technical license.
Here’s that link.
Aclara is looking for seven Electrical Field Installers – AMI Meter Installations to change out the current meters for Pacific Power and Light customers in Oregon.
If you are interested in this position please visit www.aclara.com/careers/open-positions, scroll down to “SGS”, click on Electric Meter Installer – Albany, Oregon and apply online.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible as interviews will be scheduled in November in the Albany/Corvallis area. Must possess a good driving record and must pass a drug test and background check.
The job will begin in December. Paid training will be held in Seattle with one week on classroom training and two weeks of hands on training. Lodging will be provided. The beginning rate of pay will be $24.68 ($25.42 effective 1/1/2018). Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription coverage will be available through LINECO and hours worked will determine eligibility.
The beginning wage will begin at $24.68 and then effective 1/1/2018 the wage rates are as follows:
First 6 Months $25.42
6-12 Months 27.41
12-18 Months 28.76
18 Months or more 30.11
All employees, not already members, will be required to make membership with Local Union 659 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
IN ADDITION Aclara will also be seeking an additional 35 individuals for electric meter installation beginning in January 2018. Please visit the above referenced website to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy at 541-664-0800.
CITY OF MILTON-FREEWATER
P.O. Box 6, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862 (541) 938-5531
Position: JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
Salary: $44.88 Full Time
Duties: Constructs, maintains and repairs overhead and underground electrical systems; does related work as required.
Qualifications: Considerable knowledge of the methods and tools used in line construction and maintenance work, occupational hazards involved and the safety precautions used for the trade; working knowledge of the principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring systems, ability to apply this knowledge to work problems; thorough knowledge of first aid, including pole top resuscitation; ability to work from sketches, blueprints, written or oral instructions; sufficient strength to perform heavy (sometimes exceeding 100 lbs.) manual tasks relating to line construction; ability to climb poles and work at moderate heights with energized high tension lines such as primary conductors; ability to work in all weather conditions; skill in the use and care of the tools and equipment of the trade. Possession of or ability to secure possession of a valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License).
Training: Minimum of three years experience in electric line work and journey status as a line technician and completion of a recognized apprenticeship in line work; graduation from a senior high school or satisfactory equivalent GED certificate.
Selection: Evaluation of candidate's background from application form. Those applicants who appear best qualified as determined by a screening committee may be interviewed.
Application: Applications may be obtained from Human Resources Dept., City Hall, P.O. Box 6, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862, (541) 938-8243, or on the City’s website at www.mfcity.com. Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department in City Hall. First application review Friday, September 28, 2017. Open until filled. Disability accommodations made in the recruitment process upon request.
The City of Milton-Freewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability.
NW Line JATC / VOLTA
Job Title: Full Time Instructor
Department: VOLTA / Apprentice Camp
Position Overview: Supports operations by instructing/supervising students in all classes (1st yr., 2nd yr., 3rd, yr., Volta etc.)
Planning, organizing, and implementing administrative, academic, and practical hands-on field and lab instruction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains industry workforce by recruiting, orienting, and training applicants, students, and current industry personnel; maintaining a safe, secure, and productive work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplish training results by communicating class/job expectations; planning, monitoring, following lesson plans and evaluating results.
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining students as needed.
- Exercise patience and tolerance as required in a learning environment.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures of NW Line JATC, VOLTA and Camp Rilea.
- Conduct and project self in professional manner.
- Monitor supplies by identifying and anticipating needs for classrooms, office area, storage areas, restrooms, and labs (pole yards).
- Maintain all areas in a clean and tidy fashion
- Follow policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Fill-in, substitute and or assist in instruction for other classes.
- Provide communication to supervisor for identifying needs and evaluating options for student issues.
- Complete projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems both paper and electronic versions.
- Improve training programs and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures and evaluating system results with staff.
- Maintain communication and cooperation among base, staff, and students (past, present and future).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills by attending or teaching educational workshops/classes.
- Contribute to positive progress by accomplishing related tasks as needed in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organizations.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Travel to off-base locations to retrieve supplies and or conduct/attend classes.
- Provide communication/information to visitors and guests in a friendly positive manner.
- Repair and maintain building, tools and equipment based on personal mechanical skill level.
- Journeyman Lineman
- Ability and willingness to acquire Trainer Status to teach classes, including but not limited to; First Aid, CPR, OSHA, Flagging, Crane etc.
- Have reliable transportation to commute to class each day.
- Willing and able to physically climb structures and perform/demonstrate the duties of a Journeyman Lineman.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency to work with Word, Power point, Data base, Email, etc.
- Develop; write; improve lesson plans
This position is a full time, salaried position of $128,869.92, with vacation, sick leave, Lineco, NEBF and NEAP based on the four-local agreement. Working hours vary based on schedule (VOLTA or Camp sessions) and additional travel and training will be required.
Resumes accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org until September 1st; interviews will be scheduled September 15th with a targeted start date no later than October 9th.
The Power Line Clearance & Tree Trimming Program is looking for Apprentice in the IBEW Local 659 area. 1st Aid, Flagging Traffic Control card and Class B CDL permit required. For more information, or to apply, please go to nwpowerlinetreetrimming.org.
CoosCurry Electrical Coop, www.cooscurryelectric.com/
Central Lincoln PUD, www.clpud.org
Consumers Power, www.consumerspower.org
Lane Electric, www.laneelectric.com
City of Roseburg, www.cityofroseburg.org
City of Ashland, www.ashland.or.us
Central Lincoln PUD www.clpud.org/index.html
Surprise Valley, www.surprisevalleyelectric.org/
Job Flier - Port of Portland.pdf
City of Ellensburg posting Lineman Temporary 2018.pdf