Position Bid No. 17-14
August 10, 2017
Notice of Vacancy
The position of Communications Systems Craftsman at the Northern Operations Center is open for bid beginning August 10, 2017, the first review of applications is scheduled for August 24, 2017.
The Communications Systems Craftsman will install, troubleshoot, document, repair and maintain communication systems and miscellaneous electronic equipment. Work may be performed in any of the following areas: Land Mobile Radio, Microwave, Telephone, Fiber Optics, Synchronous Optical Network (SONET), Radio Frequency Interference (RFI), Data Communications, Advance Meter Infrastructure (AMI) and miscellaneous electronics.
This position requires an F.C.C. General Radio Telephone License, or the ability to obtain within one year. Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the installation and repair of one (1) or more of the following:Microwave systems and multiplexers; WAN/LAN network equipment; VHF fixed station and mobile radio; Telephone systems.
The hourly rate of pay for a Communications Systems Craftsman as of April 1, 2017 is $50.67.
You can read the complete job description and apply online at Central Lincoln’s external website at http://clpud.org/employment/. Please use the “Position Bid Application” form 221 and attach it through NEOGOV. This position will be posted inside and outside concurrently.
NW Line JATC / VOLTA
Job Title: Full Time Instructor
Department: VOLTA / Apprentice Camp
Position Overview: Supports operations by instructing/supervising students in all classes (1st yr., 2nd yr., 3rd, yr., Volta etc.)
Planning, organizing, and implementing administrative, academic, and practical hands-on field and lab instruction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains industry workforce by recruiting, orienting, and training applicants, students, and current industry personnel; maintaining a safe, secure, and productive work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplish training results by communicating class/job expectations; planning, monitoring, following lesson plans and evaluating results.
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining students as needed.
- Exercise patience and tolerance as required in a learning environment.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures of NW Line JATC, VOLTA and Camp Rilea.
- Conduct and project self in professional manner.
- Monitor supplies by identifying and anticipating needs for classrooms, office area, storage areas, restrooms, and labs (pole yards).
- Maintain all areas in a clean and tidy fashion
- Follow policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Fill-in, substitute and or assist in instruction for other classes.
- Provide communication to supervisor for identifying needs and evaluating options for student issues.
- Complete projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems both paper and electronic versions.
- Improve training programs and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures and evaluating system results with staff.
- Maintain communication and cooperation among base, staff, and students (past, present and future).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills by attending or teaching educational workshops/classes.
- Contribute to positive progress by accomplishing related tasks as needed in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organizations.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Travel to off-base locations to retrieve supplies and or conduct/attend classes.
- Provide communication/information to visitors and guests in a friendly positive manner.
- Repair and maintain building, tools and equipment based on personal mechanical skill level.
- Journeyman Lineman
- Ability and willingness to acquire Trainer Status to teach classes, including but not limited to; First Aid, CPR, OSHA, Flagging, Crane etc.
- Have reliable transportation to commute to class each day.
- Willing and able to physically climb structures and perform/demonstrate the duties of a Journeyman Lineman.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency to work with Word, Power point, Data base, Email, etc.
- Develop; write; improve lesson plans
This position is a full time, salaried position of $128,869.92, with vacation, sick leave, Lineco, NEBF and NEAP based on the four-local agreement. Working hours vary based on schedule (VOLTA or Camp sessions) and additional travel and training will be required.
Resumes accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org until September 1st; interviews will be scheduled September 15th with a targeted start date no later than October 9th.
The Power Line Clearance & Tree Trimming Program is looking for Apprentice in the IBEW Local 659 area. 1st Aid, Flagging Traffic Control card and Class B CDL permit required. For more information, or to apply, please go to nwpowerlinetreetrimming.org.
CoosCurry Electrical Coop, www.cooscurryelectric.com/
Central Lincoln PUD, www.clpud.org
Consumers Power, www.consumerspower.org
Lane Electric, www.laneelectric.com
City of Roseburg, www.cityofroseburg.org
City of Ashland, www.ashland.or.us
Central Lincoln PUD www.clpud.org/index.html
Surprise Valley, www.surprisevalleyelectric.org/
Job Flier - Port of Portland.pdf