LINECO EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Effective immediately, an important enhancement to your prescription benefit.
The Line Construction Benefit Fund is enhancing your plan with the features described below. Please take a moment to read this notice and become familiar with this change.
What’s changing? Retail Made Easy.
At participating retail pharmacies, you no longer need to pay the full cost for covered prescriptions, mail your receipts to the Lineco Fund Office and wait for reimbursement. Our system has been updated to allow claims to be automatically processed at time of purchase using your prescription benefit ID card. Please note that your benefit hasn’t changed. You simply don’t need to send claim forms and receipts from retail prescriptions to Lineco.
· Enclosed are additional Express Scripts prescription benefit ID cards to use to have your prescription claims processed automatically.
· Once you meet your calendar year deductible, you’ll be charged 20% coinsurance for covered medications at time of purchase. (Coinsurance is a percentage of a medication’s cost.)
· If you don’t use the card or if you go to a nonparticipating pharmacy, you’ll pay 100% of the cost and must mail in a claim form to Express Scripts for reimbursement.
Here are the simple steps using your new card
1. When filling a covered prescription, show the Express Scripts ID card to the pharmacist.
2. The pharmacist will send the claim to Express Scripts electronically and charge you as follows:
Ø Before you meet your deductible – You’ll pay 100% of the medication’s cost.
Ø Once you meet your deductible – You’ll pay 20% coinsurance for covered medications.
PLEASE NOTE: Express Scripts will apply the purchases to your joint medical/pharmacy deductible until the deductible is met. The joint medical /pharmacy 2017 deductible is $400 for an individual and $1,200 for a family. If you select a brand drug when your physician allows a generic, you will have to pay the difference.
If you have secondary coverage from another employer or insurance provider
You’ll need to give the pharmacist the ID card from the primary plan and your ID card for the Line Construction Benefit Fund plan. If Lineco is your secondary coverage, your coinsurance will never be more than if Lineco was your primary coverage provider.
Important Reminder: MAIL ORDER IS LESS EXPENSIVE
For covered medications you take regularly, your savings is still greater with the Express Scripts Home Delivery Pharmacy. Home delivery purchases are not applied to your deductible. You can enjoy the convenience of having up to a 90-day supply, versus only a 30-day supply, delivered directly to you with free standard shipping. Your home delivery co-payments are
· Generics $10
· Preferred brand $20
· Nonpreferred brand $35.
If you have any questions, please call Express Scripts at
877-327-0568 or Lineco at 800-323-7268.
LCB1TIMI.INS 2013-04-24 23000 LT43855A